Sizzling Crispy Sisig is a great dish to prepare during Christmas dinner or in any special occasion. It has a nice texture and the flavor is out-of-this-world. I enjoy having it for dinner with a cup of white rice. It can also be served as an appetizer along with a cold bottle or glass of your favorite drink.
- The first thing to do is deep-fry the boiled pork until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Use a deep fryer to make the process easier.
- A deep cooking pot with cover works too. The cooking duration varies. Check the pork every few minutes. Be extra careful during this step.
- Now that the crispy pork is ready, we can start cooking the sisig. Melt margarine in a pan and then saute half of the onion until soft.
- The remaining onion will be added later. Quickly add the chopped pork and add Knorr SavorRich. This makes this sisig version flavorful.
- I like my sisig spicy. For this reason I add both Thai and long green chili. Season your dish with ground black pepper and soy sauce.
- To complete my dish, I add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and finish it by putting the remaining onions.
- Now, let’s make it sizzle. Heat a metal plate (also known as sizzling plate) on a stovetop. Melt remaining margarine and then transfer the sisig.
- Let it sizzle for a while and serve it with rice and your favorite beverage.
- 1 ½ lbs. pork belly boiled for 1 hour
- ½ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 2 pieces onion chopped
- 4 pieces Thai chili pepper chopped
- 2 pieces long green pepper chopped
- 16 grams Knorr SavorRich Pork equivalent to 1 sachet
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup margarine
- 2 cups cooking oil